QUAKER PARK TENNIS CLUB - 425 Driscoll Terrace, Peterborough - Tel 743-7099
CLUB OPENING - COVID RESTRICTIONS IMPLEMENTED
These restrictions are for the protection of all members and staff and are revised regularly
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE NEW REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: This document is constantly updated (updated May 29, 2020)
COVID IMPACT UPDATES
- OSGA DISTRICT GAMES - District games have been cancelled (June 6, 2020)
- OSGA ONTARIO GAMES - Currently suspended awaiting a decision by the City of Peterborough
- VOLUNTEER PROCESS - IMPLEMENTATION POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 Season
- 2022 celebration committee - ON HOLD
COVID-19 - WEBSITE NOTICE
ANY Dates outlined throughout this site as well as the recently published newsletterare tentative and subject to change to reflect the current health conditions and restrictions. Please continue to check this site for updates. We will try to keep you up to date on any decisions. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS : Please email covidqptc@quakerparktennis.
- Effective week of June 15 - Men's and Ladies Leagues are authorized to start
Nestled on the east bank of the Otonabee River, just north of Hunter Street, the Quaker Park Tennis Club is truly a gem in the rough. With the scenic river bank west of the club and the beautifully maintained grounds of the Kawartha Credit Union, the club provides a relaxing atmosphere for fellowship and exercise.
Friendly professional staff and welcoming members invite you to come down and try your hand at this game. The recent successes of our Canadian athletes, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov, Eugenie Bouchard and Bianca Andreescu has catapulted this sport to the forefront.
Tennis is an incredibly easy sport to take up at any age and requires little equipment. Quaker members range from age 3 to 83.
The Club offers 5 Har-Tru courts (clay courts). The playing surface cushions the body reducing many common tennis injuries and allows for longer play with less fatigue.
Facilities & Programs
- Lighting on all courts
- Mens' and Ladies' Leagues
- Singles ladder - in-club play
- Competitive doubles evening
- Junior Programs & Camps ( ages 3 to 16)
- Advanced Junior Programs (Aces)
- Club Tournaments
- Friday Teen Program
- Social Evening Round Robin Play
- Accessible Clubhouse equipped with a Kitchen
- Accessible Bathrooms
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free Beginner Lessons (May-June)
- Participation in Leagues
- Participation in Singles Ladder
- Access to in-house tennis clinics
- FREE Junior membership for elementary and school-aged children not yet in high school
- 48 hour privileged online court booking
- Use of practice wall
- 2 Guest passes annually
- Membership in the Ontario Tennis Association providing merchandise and event promos
- Use of tennis ball machine (nominal fee)
- Access t o private lessons by pro (additional fee)