QUAKER PARK TENNIS CLUB - 425 Driscoll Terrace, Peterborough - Tel 743-7099
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE
COVID-19 - POSTPONEMENTS
ANY Dates outlined throughout the site as well as the recently published newsletterare tentative and subject to change to reflect the current health conditions and restrictions. Please continue to check this site for updates. We will try to keep you up to date on any decisions.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS : Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING AGM - THURSDAY APRIL 23, 2020 - ACTIVITY HAVEN - ON HOLD
REGISTRATION for any in-house programs - At this time we are not accepting payments for any in-house programs. You may forward your registration requests to email@example.com however we ask that no payments be made at this time. Please keep checking the website for updates.
2022 CELEBRATION COMMITTEE MEETING - ON HOLD
POLICY CHANGES BEING IMPLEMENTED IN 2020 - PLEASE READ
VOLUNTEER POLICY - ASSIGNMENTS
GUEST POLICY - A new policy and process
MIXED DOUBLES LEAGUE - 2020 format
THE FIRST MEETING OF THE 2022 CELEBRATION COMMITTEE WILL BE HELD IN FEBRUARY or EARLY MARCH. AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE VOLUNTEERS.
Nestled on the east bank of the Otonabee River, just north of Hunter Street, the Quaker Park Tennis Club is truly a gem in the rough. With the scenic river bank west of the club and the beautifully maintained grounds of the Kawartha Credit Union, the club provides a relaxing atmosphere for fellowship and exercise.
Friendly professional staff and welcoming members invite you to come down and try your hand at this game. The recent successes of our Canadian athletes, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov, Eugenie Bouchard and Bianca Andreescu has catapulted this sport to the forefront.
Tennis is an incredibly easy sport to take up at any age and requires little equipment. Quaker members range from age 3 to 83.
The Club offers 5 Har-Tru courts (clay courts). The playing surface cushions the body reducing many common tennis injuries and allows for longer play with less fatigue.
Facilities & Programs
- Lighting on all courts
- Mens' and Ladies' Leagues
- Singles ladder - in-club play
- Competitive doubles evening
- Junior Programs & Camps ( ages 3 to 16)
- Advanced Junior Programs (Aces)
- Club Tournaments
- Friday Teen Program
- Social Evening Round Robin Play
- Accessible Clubhouse equipped with a Kitchen
- Accessible Bathrooms
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free Beginner Lessons (May-June)
- Participation in Leagues
- Participation in Singles Ladder
- Access to in-house tennis clinics
- FREE Junior membership for elementary and school-aged children not yet in high school
- 48 hour privileged online court booking
- Use of practice wall
- 2 Guest passes annually
- Membership in the Ontario Tennis Association providing merchandise and event promos
- Use of tennis ball machine (nominal fee)
- Access t o private lessons by pro (additional fee)